SE Health. Are recruiting care providers, companionship, household management, and daily living support to clients in their homes. When you choose to join SE Health, you join a diverse and collaborative care team where you apply your skills to provide services to a roster of clients in your community. You’ll apply a client-centered approach to address clients’ physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours.
Why Join SE Health
1. Competitive Compensation
Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
2. Develop yourself with SE
We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your lifelong learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
SE Health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity and will be supported to do different types of roles in different locations if that interests you. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and impact differently.
3. Grow your career
SE Health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that interests you. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and impact differently.
4. Manage your life
At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and be part of a team.
Self-directed orientation option for part-time positions
Subsidized OPSWA memberships
Paid travel time, between clients
Mobile device and 3 uniforms provided
Qualifications accepted to work as a PSW
Valid Certificate as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- RN or RPN
- Nursing student (2 clinical placements completed)
- Home Support Level 2 or Level 3 from a recognized curriculum
- Valid Developmental Support Worker Certificate
- Foreign-trained healthcare professional – Nurse or Physician
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Current immunization record (TB test completed within the past 12 months) is required upon hire
- Current vulnerable sector check screening is required upon hire
- Availability to work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday)
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team, with excellent organizational skills to manage your schedule
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills, to effectively communicate with clients and to provide companionship to those who need it
- Effective problem-solving and conflict-management skills
- Basic computer/smartphone skills would be an asset.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm, and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement
SE Health brings hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and work-life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and the greater good of public health, SE Health requires those who wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
You can send your application through Indeed or the government website. Please try and apply before the company’s deadline.