Welders and fabricators are also in high demand in the manufacturing industry. These professionals use welding and cutting equipment to join metal parts together and create metal products. They earn an average salary of around $45,000 per year, with the potential for higher salaries as they gain experience and specialize in certain areas.
Due to continued growth, there are vacancies for a time-served Welder/Fabricator. This will be on either a long-term contract or a staff basis.
Reporting to the Fabrication Chargehand, the Fabricator Welder will play a key role in the smooth running of production working efficiently and competently to ensure that tasks are completed as per the company Work in Progress (WIP).
The post holder will ensure products are manufactured efficiently and ensure all work is carried out in compliance with relevant Health and Safety guidelines.
- Set up, and tack up various weldments within tolerances stated in production drawings.
- To undertake MIG, Flux core welding according to production drawing.
- Carry out cosmetic finishes as required.
- To work in accordance with instructions and approved codes of practice.
- Safe operation of machinery, hand tools, and lifting equipment and ensure job materials and equipment are correctly used.
- Raise requisition for consumable items and any other shortfall materials.
- Communicate with other departments within operations.
- HSEQ – compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations, and the company’s management system.
- Develop strong working relations with key stakeholders – clients, colleagues, etc.
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Work Location: In person
- Job Types: Full-time
- Work Location: In person
- Time served/significant experience in undertaking the welder role
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- The ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- The ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Well-developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and disseminate technical drawings and converse with the technical requirements of the task at hand.
Potential candidates will be invited onsite to perform a weld test and should be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret an engineering drawing at the interview stage
Accommodation can also be provided for the right candidate.
The role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, they are committed to sourcing personnel that reflect the diversity and values of our client base, they welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to their business and clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right to equitable, fair, and respectful treatment.
How to apply
Simply send an email to Comeau’s Sea Foods Ltd. If you are interested or visit the company website to apply.