Industrial Electrician Industrial electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical systems in factories and other industrial settings. They are responsible for ensuring that machines and equipment operate safely and efficiently. The average salary for an industrial electrician in Canada is around $75,000 per year.
Opportunities for skilled tradespeople who are interested in continually learning and building a career in a safety-focused, team environment. Working on state-of-the-art locomotives and cars that carry freight from coast to coast to coast, you’ll feel proud knowing you’re a part of what makes the economy work. And with paid training, you’ll be able to evolve your skills. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The Electrician is responsible for performing corrective, reactive, and preventative maintenance of facilities buildings, equipment, and installations, as well as repairs, project work, and other related work in the assigned territory.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance of facilities buildings, equipment, and installations
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and systems, analyze failures, and complete reports
- Assist with high-voltage maintenance
- Perform job planning and hazard assessments prior to all jobs
- Complete Facility Service Requests (FSRs)
- The role is primarily performed outdoors in various types of weather and environmental conditions with a regular workweek from Monday to Friday
- The incumbent must be willing to work outside of regular hours to respond to critical incidents
- The incumbent must be willing to assist with high-voltage maintenance
- The incumbent must be physically fit in order to climb ladders and work at heights
- The role requires frequent travel (up to 80%) throughout the incumbent’s jurisdictional area
- Must have a valid Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician certificate
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and ensure National Safety Code (NSC) requirements are met
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of safety procedures near high-voltage distribution systems
- Ability to maintain generators, UPS systems, and associated equipment
- Good knowledge of emergency power systems (e.g., generators and transfer switches)
- Knowledge of UPS systems and operational sequences
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and layout drawings
- Knowledge of the latest edition of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Knowledge of electrical systems and power distribution systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Journeyman Electrician in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems
- Experience with work orders and maintenance management systems
- Must have strong planning, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Must work diligently and safely when performing emergency repairs
The Electrician will be required to receive Additional training if needed or required.
This position is a unionized position. As such, pay and benefits are governed by the applicable collective agreement
As an equal employment opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.
- Excellent oral communication
Candidates Qualified for this Job?
Candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Simply send an email to the company website Canadian National Railway if you are interested in participating in this job opportunity.
Job source: Indeed